Looking for fun November lesson plans?
Fall is in full swing! Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is quickly approaching? These activities will help you in planning your November lesson plans.
1. Turkey Fun – Use this FREE turkey design to dress up writing assignments or teach puzzle making for younger learners. With the first image my two-year old and I worked together. I modeled where to place the shapes. With this puzzle we could work on identifying colors and shapes (circle, oval, and triangles). In the second picture you can see that I colored my turkey and used it as part of the border for my writing assignment.
2. FREE November a Poem Each Week – Find FREE questions and activities for 4 Thanksgiving themed poems.
3. Veteran’s Day Paired Passages and Close Read – Let your learners honor Veteran’s with this resource. An informational passage and a poem are included. A close read, comparison questions, comprehension lesson, bio poem, and thank you letter writing prompt are included. ***This resource is included in the November Poetry Literacy Center.
4. November Poetry Literacy Center – This Poetry Literacy Center has 4 original poems about November themes (Election Day, Veteran’s Day, Gratitude and Thanksgiving). Each poem has 4 activities to engage students in reading and writing poetry. Students get weekly practice with close reads and comprehension questions. Want to BUNDLE and SAVE? You can get this Poetry Literacy Centers for the Year!
5. Turkey Trouble – A Thanksgiving Writing lesson from the Turkey’s Point of View. Get your writers to gobble up Writer’s Workshop. This fun writing assignment gives students the opportunity to write about Thanksgiving from the perspective of a turkey. Let the creativity flow.
Be sure to click the blue links to learn more and access your FREEBIES.
Want more ideas? Follow my November Teaching Ideas on Pinterest.